Pumpkin spice, cozy sweaters, a renewed sense of focus to end the year.
September is quickly approaching — and there are a lot of things to look forward to (more on that later).
September is special to me. I launched Ascent StoryCraft on September 22, 2020, which so happens to be Business Women’s Day! I just love the fall. And even though that means saying goodbye to local Long Island sweet corn, it does mean saying hello again to pumpkin season.
Until then, you can take inspiration right from my content calendar. I use these post ideas for Instagram, but they can work great for blogs, videos, Facebook posts, Pinterest pins, and anywhere else you’d like to find your audience online.
See below to steal my September content ideas and social media post prompts for service-based businesses.
P.S. I’d love to see how you’re putting these ideas into action. Feel free to tag or share your posts with me so I can be your fangirl.
September Content Ideas
Monday, September 6
- Share why you started your business
- Give your business owner-life balance tips
- Post a work accomplishment (why not a client win?)
Tuesday, September 7
- Share how you conduct discovery calls
- Talk about your communication process
- Post a Reel using the trending, phone-inspired Missy Elliot song
Friday, September 10
National Swap Ideas Day
- Do a live collaboration with a fellow business owner
- Share your favorite tip or hack, ask your readers to share theirs in the comments
Sunday, September 12
National Day of Encouragement
- Share a motivational quote that resonates with you
- Comment on 10 other business accounts to show your support
Tuesday, September 14
National Live Creative Day
- Share your creative process
- Try a new format to share your value (a reel, a blog post)
Wednesday, September 15
National Online Learning Day
- Share your favorite online learning resources
- Example: A Blog
- Example: A Course
- Example: A YouTube Channel
- Poll your audience to find out their favorite ways to learn online; audio, videos, graphics, etc.
Friday, September 17
National CleanUp Day
- Share tips for organizing your projects or Canva files
- Skip posting and actually organize your files (this will be me!)
Wednesday, September 22
Business Women’s Day
- Give a shoutout to a businesswoman you know
- Share your expertise as a businesswoman to aspiring
- Post about the women who inspire you
Self Improvement Month
- What is the great investment you made in yourself or your business?
- Share your favorite self-improvement books or podcasts
- Share your fourth-quarter goals
- Repurpose your best performing posts by adding helpful improvements
Cyndi, Owner of Ascent StoryCraft
Let’s Get Social! Connect with Me On: