What stops you from having a blog for your business? It takes too much time, and effort is what most business owners said. Consistent blogging is hard! Especially when you’re busy running all the other aspects of business, taking a few hours out of the day to research, write and post can seem like a waste of precious hours.
If you haven’t yet prioritized blogging as part of an organic content marketing strategy, you are not alone. One recent study shows that most people who start blogs quit within the first three months. They are missing out on a critical source of non-paid website traffic.
Here are a few surprising stats that will inspire you to make a blog an essential part of your business.
- Marketers who prioritize business blogging efforts are 13 times more likely to see a positive return on investment. (Source: HubSpot)
- On average, companies with blogs produce 67 percent more leads per month than those without. (Source: DemandMetric)
- One in 10 blog posts are “compounding,” meaning that organic search steadily increases their traffic over time and improve lead generation. (Source: HubSpot)
- Companies who blog get 97 percent more links to their websites. (Source: Optinmonster)
- 60 percent of all marketers believe blog creation to be their top inbound marketing strategy for lead generation. (Source: State of Inbound)
- 74.2 percent of companies say content marketing increased their lead quality and quantity. (Source: Curata)
- Businesses that blog experience twice as much email traffic as businesses who don’t. (Source: Optinmonster)
- Content marketing produces 3x the amount of leads as traditional marketing. (Source: Marketeer)
- Blogging is such a scalable and affordable approach that it’s the third-most-common content marketing strategy for businesses. (Source: Hubspot)
- Companies that put their primary focus on content marketing generate more than 5x more conversions than those that just focus on ranking in search engines. (Source: Kapost)
- Over the past year, there’s been a 93% increase in blogs using promotional techniques to drive traffic to their post, including paid ads. (Source: Optinmonster)
- Sixty percent of B2B marketers struggle with creating engaging content. (Source: Optinmonster)
- Consumers want to learn about brands from content rather than traditional ads. (Source: Hubspot)
- Eighty percent of internet users interact with both social media sites and blogs. (DemandMetric)
- Businesses that blog get 55 percent more website visitors than companies that don’t. (HubSpot)
- Seventy percent of people would rather learn about a company through articles rather than advertisements. (DemandMetric)
- Adding a blog to your existing website can increase traffic as much as 434 percent. (TechJury)
The research is crystal clear. Companies that prioritize posting consistent blogs have much better marketing. Now that you’re running a successful business, you need a successful blog to go along with it.
What are you waiting for? Book your free call to get started on your content strategy.